Shop online

Saturday 28 December 2013

Mothers Day....

After appalling failures to remember birthdays and anniversaries in 2013 I'm going to try and be more organized in 2014! I still haven't really worked out how... putting it in my diary and remembering on the day is too late, but if I set an outlook reminder too early I'll also forget that! Not good for someone who makes cards eh!

In the same vein I'm also trying to be more organised with my card making for 2014, and have Valentines Day sorted...probably the only one I don't really need to be bothered about, so it's not quite going to plan just yet! ;-)

One that most definitely will work though is Mothers Day. I'm currently trying to use all my little scraps from previous card making sessions....you know, the bits that you made a few too many of while trying to work out what you were going to do the first time round (am I the only one who does that?), only to end up with lots of different odds and ends which would normally end up in the bin. This Mothers Day card is the first of a few cards using my odds and ends...I really like how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by.
Nikki
x

2 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful odds and ends card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! The hexagons are gorgeous & the hearts are another little touch of colour that makes this card so good - it's not loud and fussy, but still gorgeous and feminine! Let's just hope your Mum doesn't go on your blog too often!!!

    The mistake I often make is I see a card in a shop that I think 'Oh that would be perfect for so-and-so', so I buy it, take it home & put it (ahem) somewhere safe and then cannot find it on their birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete