Shop online

Monday, 24 September 2012

Sewing paper!


Well I think Autumn has now well and truly arrived! It was so dark this morning...what a difference a couple of days make! I've given in and put my heating on too!

As I haven't done one for ages, this is my entry for the latest challenge over at Simply Stampin' Challenge, which is to Faux or Sew! I must admit to loving to use sewing on my projects, although when I first starting doing it some years ago, got some very dubious looks from friends...they find it more odd when I don't use stitching now! I usually go for real rather than faux, but I really like both effects.

You can't see properly as my photo is pants, but I have used the Parlor Prints background stamp on the crumb cake card and inked all the edges. I hand stitched the border using linen thread, not the easiest thing to sew with to be honest, but I do love the end result.

I hope you like it...I'll be back with some more sewing very soon. Just a shame I can't actually sew material! ;-)

Supplies used are all Stampin' Up!
Stamp set: Ornament Keepsakes, Curly Cute, Parlor Prints
Colours: Crumb Cake,Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Dies: Holiday Ornaments Framelits
Ribbon: Crumb Cake Seam Binding
Accessories: Basic Pearls, Linen Thread

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.
Nikki
xx

4 comments:

  1. You know I love and especially love the scrunchy ribbon.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Nikki, I love the soft effect of the background stamping! The linen thread stitching looks so fab - your card has such a warm feel to it!
    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Simply Stampin'! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - fabulous card. I love the hand sewing and that scrunchy ribbon looks awesone. Thanks for joining us this week at the Simply Stampin' Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card, I really like the Parlor Prints on crumb cake as it gives even more texture on top of the scruntched ribbon and linen thread.
    Gorgeous warm colour scheme (am I the only person who thinks this card should smell of mulled wine & other warming spices?)

    ReplyDelete