Shop online

Monday 30 May 2011

Beautiful Butterflies

I thought I'd share where I got the original idea for the cards I created for my event. I have to say that I'm a scrapbooker first and a cardmaker second, so I suppose it makes sense that I'd create a page and then find an element on it that I could transfer onto a card - rather than the other way round!

I started out looking at a PageMaps sketch, and then as is usual with me I sort of went off on a tangent! After attending Regional Training in Fareham back in February I had some samples I'd managed to get using the Big Shot and two of the new exclusive Stampin' Up! dies, but I only had the samples in Real Red, (no prizes for guessing what they were!) so the colours are not my usual choice, but I was really pleased with the final result.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikki, Good on you for starting up your blog! I just love your work and even though I am mainly a card maker, your layouts are gorgeous and they give me inspiration to make up some pages for my grandchildren's photos!!
    I am an Aussie follower of yours now and look forward to seeing many more of your beautiful projects!!

    ReplyDelete